ValueCalc 3.0 is a financial analytical software system which calculates values and risk measures for a wide variety of securities (see full list). Included are five main tools with which the user can analyze single instruments or global portfolios. The four tools are:
- "Stand-alone" ValueCalc screens,
- VC Graph, for producing 3-D graphs of instrument values or risk measures,
- VC Sim, for undertaking simulation modelling of global portfolios,
- ValueCalc Add-In functions for Microsoft Excel,
- ValueCalc Credit, for integrated portfolio interest rate and credit risk analysis.
The user-friendly, "stand-alone" ValueCalc screens, which are used to calculate security values and risk measures one security at a time, are an ideal teaching tool. Also provided is a useful value-at-risk screen to analyze the effects of changes in inputs on the security's value. Shown below are sample ValueCalc screens.